I saw this contest on Jen's blog, and thought I'd join the fun. I never actually win contests, but I sure enjoy entering them . Here's the contest link at Friends4Tea for all who'd like to visit her blog and enter too. Here are my answers:
1. How long ago did you start blogging and why did you start? I started blogging a few months ago – in June actually. I had a few reasons: I love to write and thought this would be a fun outlet; I feel like I'm surrounded by wise people, and wanted to pass along some of the wisdom they've shared with me; I wanted to join this community of other homeschooling mommies; I wanted a place to keep a family photo-journal and remember all the silly things my girlies do; I wanted a place to keep family and friends updated on all of our goings-on. Is that enough reasons?
2. How did you come up with your username/URL address? Hmm, we debated for awhile actually (isn't that silly?)! We thought of all these great, serious sounding names, then settled on twaddlemenot because we (my husband and me) felt like it “represented” us best. We love good books, and aren't fond of twaddle. And it was kind of a goofy sort of name, and we are definitely goofy sorts of people.
3. What do you enjoy most about blogging? Oh goodness, I don't know – probably keeping a record of the girls as they grow. I'm terrible at scrapbooking, so this is my version of it.
4. What makes one blog stand out to you from all the others? Hmmm, well I love ones where I actually know the person, but aside from that I tend to be drawn towards ones which project a joyful heart towards our calling as mommies. I love ones that make me laugh (like Jen's), and ones full of other mommys' wisdom from which to glean.
5. On an average how long does it take you to write a post for your blog? Totally depends on what it is, but I'd say average of 30 minutes.
6. What has changed in your life since you started blogging? Well, I check my email more, he, he, he. I feel like I have a great place to ask questions – about everything from homeschooling, to child rearing, to teapot bibs!
7. Does your family support you (if so how) or do they think you're a blog addict? Hmmm, a bit of both I think. Actually I think I've been so busy lately that I can't really be classified as a blog addict. But Matt does support my blogging, and joins in from time to time. And I think my extended family likes seeing all the updates and pix most of all (especially my mother-in-law – I think she's my most loyal blog fan!)
8. Have you ever gotten a negative comment? If so, how did you deal with it? Yes, I answered it as clearly and kindly as I could (with Matt's help). Then when the person returned with another negative comment, Matt stepped in, gave a polite but short reply and said it was done. Ain't he great?
9.How often do you check your blog for new comments? Well, I have dsl which is usually up, and I don't actually check my blog – just my email, since they come there. I check it fairly often, but am trying to quit by actually turning off my computer unless I have planned to be on it.
10. Do you have a blogging tip you can share? I can't think of one . . . I'm not so much the expert blogger. I'd say use an outside photo host if you like posting pix. But as all of you know, I'm still searching for the perfect one!
11. As for the extra question, I could have it wrong, but I think I found it. I blog usually in the evenings – rarely in the morning.